Monday, October 19, 2009

Mardyke Cork City

Last Saturday i had an early rise to take my daughter to work and as it was so nice a morning i decided to go for a stroll around the Mardyke,which led me across the road to UCC and onwards to college rd. and the Brookfield complex and also to Fitzgeralds Park.
It was a beautiful autumn morning and the Mardyke was looking great, no wonder it is famed in song and story,
"how oft do my thoughts in their fancy take flight to the home of my childhood away,
to the days when each patriot vision seemed bright
ere i dreamed that those joys should decay,
when my heart was as light as the wild winds that blow,
down the Mardyke through each elm tree,
where I sported and played neath each green leafy shade
by the BANKS OF MY OWN LOVELY LEE"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!
Hope you enjoy my posts,if you do leave a comment and sign in, the more the merrier!
Kathleen.