Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn flowers

This lovely Clematis is now flowering,I do not know the variety,but bought and planted it last year.Unfortunately it suffered from clematis wilt and I dug away the majority of the plant but left what looked like a healthy part which was growing vigourously.Lots of buds and now a lovely flower later it too seems to be wilting!I will wait until the flowers are gone and then dig it up.Not planting deep enough is the cause of this and though the plant took off up the arch like wildfire its all been for nothing!I do have another one on the other side though that is looking great and no wilt signs.
Shame about the wilt showing on some of these leaves when its adorned with such a whopper of a flower and more buds to come.

My "Christmas Cactus" is in bud already!I know I should probably have it brought indoors by now but its budding and in the very front a fine fat bud can be seen.I will bring them in next week before temps.drop dramatically and give them some TLC.

I let these japanese anenomes seed where ever they grow,these are not as tall as the originals but look well !
My cordylines all 4 growing again after being decimated by last winters snow!Happy Gardening!

4 comments:

  1. There are still some lovely things in the Autumn gardens, and your clematis is beautiful. Wilt is such a shame and I dont think there is much you can do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly a late flowering clematis. That Clematis wilt can be so frustrating.
    Yes, planting deeply and keeping base covered and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Christmas cactus succumbed to the early frost last year because it had not been brought in in time!Maybe in garage where it would still be cool?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see I have already visited here so here's wishing you a great weekend Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Hope you enjoy my posts,if you do leave a comment and sign in, the more the merrier!
Kathleen.